Council Tax Benefit

Council tax benefit helps people who are on a low income to pay their council tax bill. If you
or your partner is responsible for paying council tax, you can claim benefit.

From April 2013, Council Tax Benefit was replaced by a new Council Tax Reduction Scheme.

Council Tax Benefit has been replaced by a local Council Tax Reduction Scheme. The UK Government has cut funding for the new scheme, but the Welsh Government has added money to protect most people from any cuts until at least April 2014.

Second Adult Rebate is not carried over into the new Council Tax Reduction Scheme. This means that Second Adult Rebate stopped on 1st April 2013.  This affects all claimants, including pensioners.

For more information, see 



No video selected.