Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman considers complaints from the
public against government departments, a range of public bodies in the UK, and the NHS in England, that have not acted properly or fairly, or have provided a poor service.

The Ombudsman regularly looks at complaints about benefits (Department of Work and
Pensions) and hospital treatment (NHS).

The Ombudsman usually only take on a complaint after the organisation, practice or trust involved has had a chance to respond so that they have an opportunity to put things right. However, if you are still unhappy you can bring your complaint to the Ombudsman. If the
complaint concerns a government organisation, it will need to be referred to the Ombudsman by an MP.

To find out who your local MP is,

or contact the
House of Commons Information office on 020 7219 4272.

Complaints about the NHS do not have to be referred by an MP.

You can find a copy of the complaint form on the Ombudsman’s website, or you can request one via their enquiry line. The details for these are listed below.

When a complaint is received, a written acknowledgement of this will be sent within two working days. A reference number will also be issued which should be quoted in all future contact. The Ombudsman will keep you regularly informed of the progress they are making in considering your complaint.

For further information contact:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP.
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

No video selected.