Cardiff and the Vale Parents' Federation
Cardiff and the Vale Parents’ Federation support parents, carers and relatives of disabled children and adults with a learning disability
- Provides opportunities for members to meet together to discuss issues of interest or concern
- Represents the viewpoints of parents on services for disabled people, their families and carers in a wide range of forums, planning groups and consultations
- Provides information, arranges seminars and co-ordinate events where families and carers can learn more about services and opportunities and meet each other
- Organises the annual Understanding Disability Awards that celebrate examples of including people with a learning disability in everyday life
- Works in close partnership with other voluntary agencies, statutory bodies and individuals to promote and improve opportunities for people with a learning disability and their carers.
They produce an information guide, ‘Where You Stand’ which is available free of charge to all members and held on their website.
Any parent/carer can make contact if they would like to receive up-to-date information via the Federation mailing list.
Cardiff and the Vale Parents Federation
- Unit 14, Sbectrwm Community Centre, Bwlch Road
- CF5 3EF
- Telephone: 029 2056 5917