Cardiff Council have adopted seven key principles that underpin all services offered. Any existing or new service should address one of more of the following principles:
- People in Cardiff are healthy
- People in Cardiff have a clean, attractive and sustainable environment
- People in Cardiff are safe and feel safe
- Cardiff has a thriving and prosperous economy
- People in Cardiff achieve their full potential
- Cardiff is a great place to live, work and play
- Cardiff is a fair, just and inclusive society
Cardiff is split into neighbourhood regions, originally these were North, West, South West, South, Central and East, these structures are currently under review. Each neighbourhood has its own neighbourhood group that comments upon what services are needed or should be prioritised in its particular region. Intelligence is fed through formal channels to the Strategic Planning section of the Council. Parents can play a vital role at these neighbourhood groups and the Parents’ Federation tries to ensure that they have a representative in each region.
Family Support Strategy
The Children and Young People’s Partnership in Cardiff has developed a multi-agency strategy to Improve the Wellbeing, quality of life and life chances of children and young people by supporting their parents and other carers. This Strategy and it’s implementation plan includes work for children with disabilities and their families. A specific Disabled Children’s Strategy has been developed to help implement this.