Cardiff and Vale Emergency Support
The emergency social work service is for emergencies that occur out of usual office hours and cannot wait until the next working day.
One visiting social worker is available from 5.00 pm – 8.30 am Monday to Friday, and from 4.30 pm Friday until 8.30 am Monday morning.
The service is also available during Bank Holidays.
The service is available to all Cardiff and Vale residents.
You can call if:
- A child or young person is in urgent need of protection from harm
- A parent, foster carer or child needs emergency help, advice or support
- A carer or vulnerable adult (those with mental health problems, physical or learning disabilities or older people) is in urgent need
- You want to report your concerns about a vulnerable adult being abused and in need or protection.
The Team cannot help if:
- The situation can wait until the next working day, without risk of harm.
- It is within 8.30 am -5.00pm (usual working day)
- It is a medical emergency – you must phone your GP or call an ambulance.
If you think you require emergency support please contact:
Emergency Duty Team
Tel: 029 2078 8570